- November 26, 2019
Everybody poops. It’s a part of life. In fact, the average person spends a total of 92 days on the john in their lifetime. From changing diapers to picking up after your pup, we’ve all had to deal with it.
Keep reading to learn 15 interesting and simultaneously gross facts about your #2s you probably don’t know!
1. People spend an average of 3 hours and 9 minutes on the toilet per week. Do the math that’s 27 minutes a day on average!
2. Fecal transplants are a thing. And 91% of fecal transplant patients were cured after one, with another 98% if the patient married that with additional probiotics and antibiotics.
3. Did you know that listed on the rim of the toilet, between the lid and tank is information on how much water your specific toilet flushes in every single flush? It will be listed as GPF (gallons per flush) and LPF (liters per flush). Most toilets in America that were manufactured in the 1980’s or prior use approximately 3.5-7 GPF. Nowadays, the average toilet only uses 1.6 GPF.
4. Healthy defecation can range from 3 times a day to 3 times a week. If you’re not, it might be due to a low amount of fiber in your diet. Foods like beans, broccoli, whole grains, and potatoes can help get your bowels moving.
5. When it comes to poop, the color can vary. We all know normal poop is brown. The brown color comes from bile in your poop. But a healthy stool can also be green or yellow, depending on a number of things including diet, vitamins, and medications. If your poop is red or black, it may be time to talk to a doctor.
6. In 2015, a British Airways flight was forced to land due to a toxic poop.
7. Bat dung has been used to make explosives and gunpowder for World War I and the Civil War. The shared ingredient that makes bat poop explosive? Potassium nitrate.
8. Coffee gives people gut contractions that activate the urge to go #2. That explains why you always need to run to the bathroom about 15 minutes into your morning cup.
9. Human feces contain metals like gold, silver, and palladium. Scientists are currently trying to figure out how to extract the precious metals from our poop.
10. Constipation occurs when the muscles in your colon are contracting too slowly.
11. The Apollo landers didn’t just leave their footprints on the moon…they left 96 bags of human waste, including their poop too.
12. On the other hand, diarrhea occurs when matter moves too quickly through your large intestine. A lot of times, this results in poor absorption of nutrients and can make you dehydrated.
13. Pandas eat, sleep, and poop. 40 times a day. They’re basically 200-pound poop machines.
14. Although poop looks solid, only 25% of it is solid. The other 75% is water.
15. Brittain’s first poop bus hit the road in 2015. The bus ran on biomethane gas, a natural gas from human waste. It was said to be able to travel 186 miles, the equivalent of 5 people’s annual waste.
Well, there you have it! A lot of interesting and simultaneously disgusting facts about pooping. And while poop is definitely a laughing matter, we have the perfect sanitary solution. Our BouDe Butt Wipes are biodegradable, all-natural, and unscented. Whether you’re on-the-go or in the comfort of your own home, be prepared during your next trip to the bathroom.